Monday, June 25, 2012

 Hollywood Night


Well, after a few tries, Chris Hemsworth and I were finally able to get together again.  He seems to be really busy, which is only fair. I'm really busy, too.  Last week I got a new golf game for my XBOX360, so I've had to concentrate on that.  I was in a golfing mood, so I thought maybe Chris Hemsworth and I should go mini-golfing, but he said that we should go to a bar.  For some reason, Chris Hemsworth thinks I should meet women other than the ones who work at Starbucks.

Sorry, Jen.  I really thought we had something special, but I'm going to have to trust Chris Hemsworth. 


So Chris (that's what I call him when we're hanging out) picked a bar in Hollywood.  I'd never been there before, but I had heard it's really popular with people who go Hollywood.


When we got there I could tell that we were going to have a really good night.  The bartender was so nice I thought he and Chris Hemsworth knew each other, but it turns out they just met that night.  Still, he got us drinks right away.

The bartender's name was Nigel.  Or maybe Andrew.  Something like that.


Even though we got there early, once we started our drinks, everything was really great.  Chris Hemsworth told a story about getting fitted for his Thor costume.  I told a story about a weird-looking avocado I saw at Ralph's (it had lumps).


After awhile, Chris Hemsworth and the bartender started talking about The Wire.  I don't watch that show.

9:43 PM.  Right after this, the alarm on my cell phone went off, to remind me to put more money in my parking meter.


Chris Hemsworth and I stayed out really late!  Usually I'm in bed with a cookbook by 10:30, but we really lived it up.  Chris Hemsworth was sure that I was going to meet a lot of women at this bar, but none of the women we saw ever came up and talked to me.  That's okay, I can be really picky (I don't like open-toed shoes).

Did you know if you sleep too long on the bar, they make you leave?  I didn't.


When it was finally time to leave, the bartender gave us our checks.  I think we made out pretty well, considering we were there almost two hours AND had drinks.

Chris Hemsworth paid my check.  I felt bad though, and made him promise I'd treat the next time we had drinks.


By the time it was 11:30, we'd had a big night, so Chris Hemsworth and I decided it was time to go home.  He told me not to feel bad about not meeting anyone, though.  "I'm looking out for you," he said, "that's what a good wingman does, right?"  And he's right.  That IS what a good wingman does.


Maybe next week, I can convince him to go mini-golfing.


No comments:

Post a Comment